Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Thank You To Our Students

2008 has been a wonderful year for sharing glass skills with our students. I enjoyed so much working with you all and hope you not only learned a thing or two but had as much fun as I did. Glass is not just a hobby for many of you but has become an addiction (remember... I warned you!) and you continued to push me into coming up with new techniques and workshops. Some of you down right nagged! That's OK ... you knew I would do it and loved the challenge.

With the holidays fast approaching and work piling up here in the studio, the time for class has come to an end for the year. Take heart, new workshops are being planed for next year and some can already be found on the studio's main web site. http://goessartglass.com/pages/glass_education.html

I am happy to announce that I have been invited to hold a few kiln forming workshops at the Art League of Long Island in Dix Hills, New York next year. They want to expand their glass workshops beyond the basics and seem to be very supportive and excited about the possibilities I wish to bring there. For now they will be offering 3 of my workshops and if all goes well, different one will be scheduled in the spring. They are a wonderful organization and have a lot to offer in many different mediums. I received a tour of the facilities and was very impressed. Some very, very talented people. They also have a wonderful gallery that is very inspiring. Well worth a visit. Check out their web site to learn more about their organization. http://www.artleagueli.net/node/3
So thank you for making this a great year for our workshops and classes and I hope to see you again soon.

No comments: